Pelé’s brother Zoca dies at 77 after fight with cancer
European Football Headlines
- Burnley-Manchester City Preview
- Southampton-Norwich City Preview
- Sheffield United-Newcastle United Preview
- Crystal Palace-Bournemouth Preview
- Leicester City-Watford Preview
- Chelsea-Aston Villa Preview
- Arsenal-Manchester City Preview
- Manchester City-Manchester United Preview
- Aston Villa-Leicester City Preview
- Everton-Chelsea Preview
SAO PAULO, Brazil (AP) Brazilian soccer club Santos says that Pelé’s brother, who was known as Zoca, has died after a fight with prostate cancer. He was 77.
Santos announced on social media that Jair Arantes do Nascimento, “Zoca, brother of our King,” died Wednesday night.
The funeral was to be held on Thursday. Pelé is not expected to attend as he is in self-isolation during the coronavirus outbreak, his spokesman Pepito Fornos said.
Like Pelé, Zoca also played for Santos, but never came close to the success of his brother, one of the sports all-time greats.
More AP soccer https://apnews.com/Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated March 26, 2020