Irving, playing with face fracture, leaves Nets-Lakers early
- Kawhi, George combine for 42, Clips win
- Beal has 21 in 3rd, Spurs' skid hits 7
- Nuggets limit Harden to end Rockets' run
- Doncic has 35-10-11 in 25 minutes in win
- Simmons hits 1st career 3 in 76ers' win
SHANGHAI (AP) Brooklyn guard Kyrie Irving left the team's preseason game against the Los Angeles Lakers about one minute after tip-off after taking a hit to the face.
Irving was attempting to play through a facial fracture, an injury that occurred in a pickup game last month. He was wearing a clear mask in an effort to protect his face, but appeared to bump into Lakers guard Rajon Rondo while playing defense just 1:06 into the contest.
Irving's face made contact with Rondo's upper arm. The Nets guard immediately winced in pain, took the mask off and motioned to the bench that he needed a substitute.
The Nets said Irving would not return to the game.
More AP NBA: https://apnews.com/NBA and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated October 10, 2019